Lynette Chan #2
10 more questions with Lynette Chan
1) You are highlighted in red indicating that you are a pro on full tilt poker now, do you find people play you differently because of that?
Lynette Chan: In cash games, no. But, in tournaments definitely because i have a bounty on my head. So there is almost no fold equity.
My all ins are almost always called, even with pocket 33.
2) How do you deal with the railbirds in the chat when you are trying to play online?
Lynette Chan: I try to be polite and friendly. 95% of them are very sweet and supportive and the few I run into that aren’t nice, I just ignore them. I don’t let their comments get to me. I just remind myself that those people wouldn’t talk to me in a live game like that and they are probably 18 year olds, overwieght with acne, have little social interaction, and that’s their time to shine.
3) Who is the most interesting person that you have met in the poker world?
Lynette Chan: I would have to say it Nam Le. Most people see him as a very serious poker player. But he’s not only a great peer to discuss poker with, but he’s very sweet, intelligent, and funny.
4) What do you want to accomplish inside and outside of poker in the next year?
Lynette Chan: I am going back to school for broadcasting and have recently acquired a manager and an agent for my life outside of poker. Only time will tell. With poker, I would like to keep developing my skill for mix games, specifically PLO, O8 and stud, That’s probably one of the greatest things about Full Tilt, their variety of different games other than Holdem.
5) How do you get treated differently by men and women when sitting at the table?
I’ve become friends with most of the women I play with regularly. With men, most are very well mannered. I really try not to think about that when I play because I’m not bias with who I make my money from.
6) Do you fear anyone at the poker table?
Lynette Chan: I wouldn’t use the word fear, but i was uncomfortable once at a particular table at Bellagio playing with Brad Booth, Kenny the Kid, Corporation Mike all at once. I think those are probably the top 3 cash games player out there.
7) Do guys ever lose pots on purpose to you and then ask you out?
Lynette Chan: It would be nice if that was the case more often. I dont think thats ever happened but sometimes they might soft play me a little.
8) what tips do you have for some of the more fashion challenged poker players?
Lynette Chan: Most of the fashion challenged players have hygene issues too. I think thats a better place to start.
9) Being a Canadian citizen, how do you feel about recent US legislation trying to ban online poker for US citizens?
Lynette Chan: I think it really unfortunate how it all broke down. I dont really think its fair but I think it will work out.
10) So can we come over to your place in Vancouver where online poker is still legal and play sometime?
Lynette Chan: Yes. Everybody can come to my tiny highrise in Vancouver.
Visit Pokulator’s Lynette Chan photo gallery
Read our first 10 Questions with Lynette Chan
See more of Lynette at www.lynettechan.com