10 Questions with Lynette Chan
1) You are new to the tournament poker scene, where are you from?
Lynette Chan: I’m from Vancouver, Canada. It is a
beautiful city and we’ve got the most beautiful women in the world in
2) What got you into poker?
Lynette Chan: All of the hype on tv. I’ve been playing for about two
years now and started tournaments 6 months ago. I got in the money in my first event at the
LA poker classic (the $2,500 NL event), so it has been a lot of fun. But, I
ended up losing money after taxes, so I played for 18 hours and lost a
few hundred dollars. It was a really painful loss. Either win big or you
lose big right?
3) Will we see you on a full tournament schedule soon?
Lynette Chan:Hopefully in the future. I’m doing really well in the
cash games now so I’m just going to take advantage of that while I’m running
well. Now I’m learning how to play stud and some of the draw games, but hopefully you’ll be seeing me in a lot more tournaments soon.
4) Do you use your sex appeal to your advantage while at the table?
Lynette Chan:No, I don’t. Never. Being a woman, I get a lot of
unnecessary action as is, so I just try to use that to my advantage in the cash games. So far it’s been working really well.
5) Have you ever made a crazy bet outside of poker?
Lynette Chan: No, I only play poker. I’m a very analytical
person. I have very little gamble in me. In fact, I wish there was less
luck involved in poker.
6) What is something about you that surprises most people?
Lynette Chan: That i am purebred chinese (not vietnamese!). Also
that I went to an all girls Catholic school.
7) So is it true what some people say about Catholic schoolgirls winding
up the naughtiest?
Lynette Chan: Absolutely not. The bad public school girls still
end up even worse.
8) What is your favorite thing about Las Vegas?
Lynette Chan: People watching! I like to guess which girls are
local and which are from out of town.
9) What will you do with the money if you win the Main Event at the
World Series of Poker in 2006?
Lynette Chan: WHEN I win I’ll get a Ferrari f430 in red. And I’ll be
a suga mama for all my girlfriends!
10) You can be seen with your dog Portia almost everywhere you go, how
do you find other friends for your dog?
Lynette Chan: I’m really picky with her friends. Her friends must be petite because she’s only 2.5 pounds, well groomed, danty, and elegant with nice owners. I can’t have her hanging around the misfits! Portia and I also try to wear matching outfits and we like it when her friends and their owners do too.
Read 10 more questions with Lynette Chan
Visit Pokulator’s Lynette Chan photo gallery
See more of Lynette at www.lynettechan.com