Ryan Gentry AKA late_entry AKA thoughtuknew
Ryan Gentry (AKA late_entry) is a successful online poker player and has recently taken his game to Vegas. He won a WSOP Tournament Circuit championship ring in the $500 no-limit event at Paris/Bally’s in 2005, and also finished 7th in another event in the same tournament.
1)Do you have any poker goals for 2006?
Ryan Gentry: To be ranked in the top ten by cardplayer.
2) What would you be doing for a living if you weren’t playing poker?
Ryan Gentry: Maybe some type of sales job but it’s hard to
imagine myself doing anything else right now.
3) What is the craziest bet that you’ve ever made outside of poker?
Ryan Gentry: Betting on the padres to win the world series
4) Who would you least like to see at a major final table with you?
Ryan Gentry: Even though he’s one of my favorite players, I would hate to see raymer because he can be so dominating. I think he would have won again if he hadn’t gotten sucked out on there.
5) What would someone have to do or pay you to get your WSOP circuit championship ring?
Ryan Gentry: It would be a whole lot cause I’m real glad that
ring is mine and I feel like I deserve it too. I had
an incredible vibe that tourney and knew what I wanted
to do every single hand and I did it with out
hesitation and it all worked out for me.
6) Do you have a favorite or lucky hand?
Ryan Gentry: AA is my easy choice for favorite. We’re friends I
think we should hang out more.
7) What is the funniest thing that you’ve said or heard at the poker table?
Ryan Gentry: It’s all funny to me, I love to have fun when I play and get to know a bit about the other player’s personalities. I’m always intrigued and humored by the
way different people react to bad beats and big pots.
8) Who is the most overrated professional poker player?
Ryan Gentry: I’ll say phil hellmuth just because I don’t think the top player in the world would be willing to miss hands in order to make a fashionable entrance or talk to someone in the crowd. It’s just not a good move.
9) You are currently ranked 903 in cardplayer’s rankings, what do you have to say to the 902 in front of you?
Ryan Gentry: I’ll be coming up this year. I’m on fire right now
at the cash games and I plan on playing a ton of
10) What should the poker world know about Ryan Gentry?
Ryan Gentry: That I always try my hardest at the poker table. I
trust my instincts and I have some unique styles. I’m
enjoying myself every time I play and that comes from
knowing that I’m playing well.